About Me

My photo
I am an avid dancer and a Zumba Fitness instructor. I have a beautiful family consisting of me, my husband, and our beautiful little girl who is now 3 years old. I've been dancing for about 13 years now and it's always been a passion of mine, so needless to say my future plans include opening my own dance studio. The most important thing to me, though, would be family. I put my family before everything and I love spending quality time with them. I don't know where I'd be without them. Overall, I'm completely outgoing and I love meeting and networking with new people!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Road to Healthy

Dance has always been a part of my life. I use it as a means of release when I'm frustrated or upset....

Flashback--so three years ago I gave birth to my beautiful daughter. Unfortunately, this being my first child, I indulged in my pregnancy and let myself go, so to speak. The weight-gain was more than it was supposed to be leaving me a very upset mama after all was said and done. 

So picking up from where I left off early, dance is my release. Needless to say, after I had my daughter, I DEFINITELY needed it.

Zumba became a part of my life a year and a half after having my daughter. Zumba is a latin-inspired dance aerobics. Go figure. I pursued this and became a licensed instructor and I've been teaching now for over a year, but only recently have I gotten serious about trying to put off the weight that I gained during my pregnancy. Several of my students and myself have started a little group together. We push each other and do weekly weigh-ins to keep track of how everyone is doing. Zumba is a big part of our group, it's how we all met and became such great friends. 
I guess my plan is to log my success and, yes, I guess even my failures. Hopefully keeping up with this will help me to continue my journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment